Pendo is looking for an experienced, growth-minded Global Payroll & Equity Manager to join our exceptional Finance Team. You will partner with the Senior Accounting Manager and Global Financial Controller to develop our existing team and own our international payroll and equity processes. You will help develop and maintain enterprise-class equity tracking, reporting and communication frameworks and help us stay compliant with payroll and securities regulations. This is a highly visible role and an amazing opportunity to help build out and oversee the Equity and Payroll function at this exciting juncture at Pendo.
- Design and manage full-cycle global payroll operations (currently in 6 countries and growing), leading, developing and growing a team to support continued rapid growth and expansion
- Keep abreast of the relevant regulatory changes across geographies Pendo operates and communicate key changes across teams
- Act as primary functional administrator of Pendo’s global equity plan, own the processes and procedures necessary to ensure accuracy, integrity, and timely accessibility of equity data
- Execute on the IPO readiness roadmap, implementing payroll and equity management systems and processes suitable for operations as a public company
- Assist in identifying risks and implementing a system of controls for payroll and equity
- Support the broader finance and accounting team with reporting, preparation of public filings, regulatory and tax compliance and ad-hoc analysis
- Act as primary liaison to the stock transfer agent and registrar
- Work cross functionally with the HR/People and FP&A teams, providing expertise on payroll and equity matters
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 7+ years of experience in payroll & equity for a global company
- 4+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor processes in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification is highly preferred
- Software knowledge (preferred): Carta, E*TRADE, Shareworks, ADP, and Workday
- Good working knowledge of the valuation process under section 409A of the tax code
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.