Pendo's mission is to help companies build great software. We believe that great software is also secure software! The Pendo Security Team is here to provide everyone at Pendo the resources that they need to keep the data we are entrusted with secure and to deliver products that are built with security and privacy by design.
Pendo is seeking a Security Operations Engineer to join our growing team in Raleigh, North Carolina. Reporting to our Chief Information Security Officer, you will be fulfilling a mission-critical role by helping to ensure that Pendo’s applications, cloud infrastructure, and corporate environments are well secured and monitored. We will be hiring for this role at either the associate, mid-level, or senior level depending on the candidate’s experience. A demonstrated passion for learning and a customer-focused mindset are critical for success.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
As a member of Pendo’s Information Security team, you may be assigned to work solo or with other team members on tasks such as the following:
- Monitoring and managing SIEM alerts
- Threat hunting to identify and investigate potentially malicious activity
- Performing other daily auditing and monitoring tasks based on run books
- Participating in incident response processes (e.g. triage, containment, eradication, forensic investigation and other post-incident activities)
- Developing and maintaining SIEM reports, dashboards, and alerts
- Identifying opportunities to automate tasks, and developing scripts to do so
- Documenting processes in run books
- Deploying and managing security tools, such as vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection agents, SIEM, and DLP
- Coordinating plans and operational tasks with auditors, vendors, and customers
- Periodically conducting security awareness training sessions for Pendo staff
- Note that some on-call work will be required
Qualification (what you have):
- A solid foundation of security knowledge, which may have been acquired through some combination of formal education, self-study, or on-the-job experience
- Ability to self-manage assigned project tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A growth mindset and love of learning new technologies
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SIEM platforms (e.g. SumoLogic, Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm)
- Experience with security operations in cloud environments (GCP preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with threat hunting
- Demonstrated experience with identifying and prioritizing security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience with scripting and coding to automate systems and security administration tasks (e.g. using a language such as Python)
- One or more industry-recognized security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, GCIH, Security+) is beneficial but not required
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in cyber security, computer science, or related field is beneficial but not required
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.