The Pendo Success team is hiring an Enablement and Education Manager to ensure Pendo customers get the most out of our products. You’ll become an expert in Pendo and use your domain-specific and product knowledge to build a catalog of training that ranges in scope and depth, giving customers, employees and (eventually) partners foundational knowledge and plenty of opportunities for hands-on practice using real-world use cases. Courses will be available through Pendo Academy (for customers) and Pendo Learning Center (for employees).
Responsibilities (what you’ll do)
- Use information gathered from needs assessment and task analysis to determine course topics, method of instruction, objectives and means to measure comprehension
- Design and develop both live and on-demand learning that’s engaging and includes opportunities for hands-on practice
- Create slide decks, activity sheets and facilitator guides for live classes
- Script then build on-demand courses using authoring tools, such as Articulate 360, Rise, Camtasia and Captivate and video tools, such as Final Cut
- Develop comprehension checks and assessments to gauge learners’ ability to use Pendo for real-world tasks
- Create certification exams that tie to objectives and allow learners to demonstrate their mastery
- Lead single-customer and multi-customer classes
- Keep up to date on new product features, identify the impact to course content and make updates, as needed
- Use learner feedback to continuously improve course content and structure
Experience (what you have)
- 5+ years as an instructional designer, having developed for classroom (live and/or virtual) and on-demand/e-learning formats, ideally for a SaaS software product
- Project Management skills with particular strength in being proactive, setting expectations, executing and resolving issues
- 2+ years delivering training in a classroom setting to 20-25 students
- Ability to break down complex topics and large amounts of information into logical sequences then meld it into high quality learning
- Examples that illustrate strong writing skills for varied types of instruction (e-learning lesson copy, audio/video scripts, instructor-led slides)
- Examples of your skill at using visuals to tell a story and illustrate a concept or process
- Fluency/comfort using tools to create engaging learning experiences (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Kahoot, etc)
- Knowledge of SCORM standards
- 2+ years working with an LMS system (e.g., Skilljar, Thought Industries, Litmos, etc)
- Experience in consulting with subject matter experts to capture learning content
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.