The Customer Marketing Manager is a member of the marketing team with ownership of the go-to-market strategy and execution of marketing programs and campaigns to drive community engagement, support retention efforts and drive expansion revenue. To achieve those goals, this role will influence and execute targeted programs across multiple marketing channels in partnership with channel owners and drive alignment with sales and success to ensure the health of the business.
- Design creative, engaging, retention focused campaigns across the customer lifecycle that increase engagement and drive loyalty.
- Build and execute customer expansion programs aligned to sales and success leadership, establish clear quarterly goals, gain commitment and buy-in for marketing programs, and identify areas of opportunity and risk.
- You’ll need the ability to think strategically in order to analyze product and account data to accurately segment and customize your programs to create segment-specific campaigns.
- Build out, execute, and optimize marketing programs including webinars, digital lead gen, newsletters, in-app messaging, event promotion, and follow-up campaigns.
- Understand the Pendo portfolio and how our customers use our product to drive and accelerate renewals as well as support up-sell and cross-sell of new products and offerings.
- Continuously look for innovative ways to improve the experience we bring to our customers and optimize our engagements using product data, customer and account team feedback, A/B testing, industry best practices, and persona research.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in customer marketing roles. The ideal candidate also has some aligned experience working in or very closely with customer success, field or demand gen teams.
- Demonstrated success with running end-to-end campaigns including design, project management with stakeholders across multiple teams, content development, and program measurement.
- Experience working with a customer community, leading customer education efforts, running retention programs or driving revenue within current customers.
- Experience with Pendo or another in-app communication tool
- Thorough understanding of customer audience segmentation and the customer lifecycle.
- Comprehensive data and analytical skills — with the ability to analyze and interpret data to measure, quantify, and improve marketing results
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.