“Show Me the Data” is a core value of Pendo. Data is vitally important for understanding the success of the business. The ideal candidate will have a blend of business acumen, entrepreneurial drive and analytics knowledge and orientation. You will identify data points and trends to help measure the health of Pendo’s customers and our products. Your work will help in guiding the product roadmap and ensuring our customer outreach and programs are timely and effective. You will be responsible for data mining, data preparation and development, and results-aggregation to advise and support the team in making data driven, strategic decisions
The analytics team has 3 primary functions:
- Help other teams set appropriate goals and KPIs
- Measure progress and identify opportunities and areas of concern related to team performance
- Build analytical tools and dashboards to aid in assessment and decision making
- Establish end-to-end analytics for the entire customer journey
- Identify and analyze usage patterns and trends that lead to greater product adoption
- Develop analytical tools and alerts to help identify at-risk customers based on data from a wide variety of sources
- Apply data mining knowledge to our customer base to uncover expansion opportunities
- Enable our Customer Success and Product teams to utilize predictive models effectively
- Provide proactive insights and thought leadership to business partners based on analysis
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to C-level executives clearly and concisely
- Develop dashboards to measure and track performance
- Propose and test hypotheses based on detailed analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role and a track record of successfully driving actionable insights from large data sets
- Ability to quickly understand and appreciate underlying business context, problems, and objectives of analytical projects
- Self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced and highly-collaborative environment
- Strong SQL background
- Significant and demonstrated knowledge of relational database technologies
- Bachelors’ education in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) desired
- Data development experience – specifically generating new data structures from existing sources for the purposes of analysis
- Experience in modern BI and analytics tools
- MBA / Masters preferred
- Experience with cloud-based ETL/ELT projects
- Experience in SaaS B2B software
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.