Pendo is looking for an Instructional Designer to join the Sales Enablement team. As we grow our sales team team, we’re in search of an individual with innate instructional design rigor, strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to build adult learning programs that will scale to accommodate the needs of Pendo.
You'll use your instructional design and project management abilities to build dynamic learning experiences that reach hundreds of sellers around the world, developing training at scale and customizing where appropriate (e.g., for the role, location, situation). The person in this role will be instrumental in leading and implementing learning programs, building e-Learnings and live training sessions, and supporting other key strategic program initiatives.
You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where priorities encourage you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions to business problems. Your product mentality means you’re comfortable seeking out user feedback, using agile development strategies, and consider experimentation a norm to build progressive learning products.
What you’ll do (responsibilities)
- Design, develop and test educational, engaging, informative, and visually compelling in-person and eLearning experiences including slide decks, activity sheets, facilitator guides, and job aids based on learner needs.
- Act as a learning consultant to understand the business' needs around learning and help connect learning strategies.
- Build relationships with key cross-functional partners to understand how your training content is being received and take action based on feedback.
- Build and maintain a portal of learning content, using our existing ecosystem of technology to deliver content across all audiences.
- Continually work to ensure all training and job aid materials are consistent and up-to-date and in line with products and larger training goals and initiatives and product content that scales and resonates with our increasingly global audience.
- Establish standardized methods and metrics that clearly measure impact and effectiveness of education programs and reporting on learner engagement, retention, and application.
- Assign training to various sub-teams, monitor completion rates and pull reports for the team and provide recommendations for ongoing learning.
- Ensure that initiatives are measurable in terms of improving the capabilities of sellers and creating learning experiences.
- Responsible for designing training, managing partners/stakeholders, knowledge management, LMS and CMS management.
- 5 years of Instructional Design experience in a Sales Enablement role
- Experience working in a results-oriented, constantly evolving environment that requires critical thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented decision making and dedication to excellence.
- Excellent English language skills, including editing written and video content for clarity and conciseness.
- Experience using eLearning technologies with an innovative design approach that is not constrained by what tools and technology are available today.
- Experienced in creating learning modules using authoring tools such as Articulate Rise, Absorb, and Camtasia.
- Understanding of design principles, how to avoid cognitive load, and how to make content quickly consumable for Sales
- Deep mastery of learning/content management and enablement tool stack (Guru, Gong, HighSpot, Seismic, Showpad, MindTickle, LevelJump, Lessonly, Skilljar)
- Familiarity with value selling and sales methodology is a plus (MEDDPICC, Force Management, Winning by Design, Challenger, Sandler, BANT, etc.)
- Experience working with matrixed content (multiple personas, use cases, industries, solutions, and products)
- Knowledge of training performance metrics and how to improve ROI from learning and content
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Exposure to using Pendo products is a strong positive