Come strengthen the chemistry of our team and help us empower software companies to provide powerful self-serve analytics & in-app comms tools to their PMs, Design Managers, and other product roles. We're seeking a Sr. Content Designer of User Experiences who is passionate about using language to craft exceptional user interface design and who cares deeply about creating delightful end-to-end experiences for our customers.
You are a team player and inspire others to do their best work. You are comfortable in all aspects of the design process: engaging with customers and users, concepting early-stage ideas, envisioning aspirational "north star" directives, and more. You will collaborate tightly with Product Design, Brand Design, User Research, Marketing, Product Management, and Product Operations, and more.
This position reports to the VP of Design & Research in the Product org.
Key criteria for this role
- Drive UX content decisions across various parts of the Pendo product suite
- Develop end-to-end content design and content management strategies for ambiguous, complex problems
- Review, maintain, and iteratively improve existing content—nav labels, headings, CTAs, error states, instructions, and much more
- Partner with Marketing, ProdOps, and Customer Success on Pendo’s holistic content strategy including internationalization and accessibility
- Demystify complex terminology and align copy decisions with user expectations
- Actively contribute to our design system and style guide
- Promote content design across the company and showcase success stories
- As a team of one to begin, you will establish content design as a new role at Pendo. You will establish new processes, standards, and tooling to found and grow the content design team.
- Educate and empower designers and other cross-functional partners to scale content design beyond your own capacity
- Craft innovative end-to-end user experiences grounded in customer insights, data, business goals—across web and mobile
- Align tightly with executive leadership
- Center your rationale on data and research
- High quality bar for all aspects of copy and design
- Experience working with design systems and style guides
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Desire to strengthen the chemistry, diversity, and inclusiveness of our team
- Data visualization interest and/or experience
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with Pendo
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.