The Guides team is responsible for research and development of the Guides product. Guides are In-Application messages and can be tied to a page or elements inside of a web page. Guides can alert users of new features and feature upgrades, walk them through tasks step by step, poll end users, onboard users, and more. There are many types of guides including Tooltip, Lightbox, Banner, Walkthrough (Multi-step guide).
We are looking for a Senior Back End Engineer that has a passion for building better software products for all users. We offer you a strong team with diverse backgrounds who love to build systems that scale in a collaborative environment between engineering, product, and design. The emphasis for this role is on enabling our customers to engage with their users so they can build software that meets their customers’ needs.
- You will be working on our platform for collecting, analyzing, and displaying all of product usage information we have learned
- You’ll work with multiple data sources and value consistency
- Partner with front-end engineering to deliver software
- Help build Guides and In-Application Messaging
- Work with cross functional teams: Front-end Engineering, Product Managers, and Designers
- 5+ years of experience in back-end or full-stack engineering, with proficiency in a language such as C++, Go, Java, etc
- Experience conducting code reviews, troubleshoot code and direct architecture & design decisions
- Experience building software and integrations in a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud) for Big Data applications
- 4-year technical degree or 5-years of professional experience
- Experience in leadership, including experience managing a small team of technologists
- Experience with writing back-end services in Go
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing projects of varying scope, preferably in an agile environment
- A working knowledge of NoSQL databases and even better, NoSQL experience in cloud environments (such as AWS or the Google Cloud Platform)
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.