This team is responsible for three core aspects of the Pendo platform:
- Collecting events from end users of our customers’ applications in the browser and determining which customer-supplied guidance to show over the customer’s application mean that this team debugs the most interesting customer reported problems.
- Core performance of the Pendo application, as experienced by the users of the Pendo platform. This includes both pure front end performance and optimizing analytical experience, working closely with our back end analytics performance team.
- Managing the administrative features of the Pendo application.
This role is primarily responsible for core performance work, including but not limited to analytical performance The successful candidate will optimize existing analytical function for performance, work with back end performance engineers to resolve customer issues that span front end and back end, maintain or contribute to maintenance of the pendo-aggregations library used throughout the front end for making analytical queries, and build out new functionality required or useful for performance but not obviously in scope for other teams. They will display initiative to identify and fill gaps. They will work with the Product organization to improve the definition of analytical features to enhance performance as perceived by the customer. They will implement/re-implement features to modernize and improve analytical experience.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- This role is primarily responsible for the core performance work on the team, including but not limited to analytical performance
- The successful candidate will:
- Optimize existing analytical function for performance
- Work with back end performance engineers to resolve customer issues that span front end and back end
- Maintain or contribute to maintenance of the pendo-aggregations library used throughout the front end for making analytical queries
- Build out new functionality required or useful for performance but not obviously in scope for other teams
- Display initiative to identify and fill gaps, particularly opportunities for performance enhancement from a customer perspective.
- Work with the Product organization to improve the definition of analytical features to enhance performance as perceived by the customer
- Implement/re-implement features to modernize and improve analytical experience
Qualifications (what you have):
- Strong understanding of front end framework fundamentals (VueJS, ReactJS, etc.)
- Modern collaboration tools (such as git, npm, GitHub)
- Teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, passion for the frontend, ability to ramp up quickly
- Experience improving performance experience in complex web applications
- FE fundamentals in CSS, HTML, working with APIs
- State management experience (e.g. Flux, Redux, Vuex, etc.)
- Obtained a 4-year technical degree or equivalent industry experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Highcharts, D3, or other visualization libraries
- Vue experience
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.