The Manager of Commercial Customer Success is a highly driven, results-oriented, and collaborative people oriented leader who will drive excellence in execution while building the foundation for growth for customers with 200-1000 employees. You will manage a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers focused on driving business-critical outcomes for Pendo’s Commercial customers. You will lead a team that ensures our customers accomplish their goals and effectively recognize and communicate the value Pendo brings to their organization. You will work with your direct reports to build and refine a strong operational foundation with effective high-touch engagement strategies that drive ongoing adoption initiatives, mature client relationships, and ultimately drive retention and expansion. This role will require a consultative and holistic approach to the customer lifecycle, expertise in navigating priorities, challenges and opportunities within a diverse customer portfolio, and ability to engage effectively with VP and C-Level executive sponsors.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Inspire, attract, and manage a team of high performing CSMs and drive all aspects of developing leading and coaching with a high focus on the teams metrics and scorecard
- Empower a team of trusted advisors internally and with customers, establishing a wide network across the company, leveraging the full potential of Pendo and bringing in technical experts, executive sponsors, product managers and strategic, value based programs to transform the customer’s business
- Ensure your team is engaging strategically with their customers and help prioritize their activities to drive value realization. This includes, but is not limited to, role modeling via customer engagement, shadowing your team, attending team Quarterly Success Reviews, reviewing all Success Commitments and assisting the team in executing against the success methodology
- Own and evolve the Commercial customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion with an emphasis on defining and demonstrating value to ultimately grow net revenue retention
- Analyze industry trends and performance metrics to shape customer engagement strategies and accelerate results
- Possess a deep understanding for creating customer value; design and enable customer engagements across your team that help customers derive ongoing value from their investment with Pendo
- Partner with sales leadership to align on quarterly retention, growth and territory goals and initiatives
- Participate in industry events for, acting as a brand ambassador for Pendo and collecting industry trends and best practices to shape the Customer Success organization.
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have a minimum of 5+ years experience in customer success, account or technical account management at a SaaS company, with 3+ years of people leadership experience in a Customer Success setting
- Strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Consistent track record of exceeding retention, adoption, customer satisfaction and growth targets.
- Bias to act and unblock
- Proven track record of overachievement, innovation, leading change, and creativity in solving company and team challenges
- You are a natural mentor and regularly take initiative to help your colleagues be more effective
- You have experience managing and negotiating with Commercial companies and their stakeholders
- You exemplify strong technical competence and passion for B2B SaaS
- You are detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities for yourself and your team
- You possess exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills
- You are an entrepreneur at heart with a growth mindset and will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, startup environment; must demonstrate ability to adapt and lead in a fast changing environment
- You have product management, product influence or cross-functional product experience (preferred)
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks (once we return to office!)
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.