The Customer Marketing Manager is a senior member of the marketing team with ownership of the go-to-market strategy and execution of marketing programs and campaigns to achieve expansion lead goals and build/accelerate pipeline within our existing customer accounts. To achieve those goals, this role will influence and execute demand generation programs across multiple marketing channels in partnership with channel owners and drive alignment with sales and success to ensure the health of the business.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Build and execute a customer expansion strategy, aligned to sales and success leadership, establish clear quarterly goals, gain commitment and buy-in for marketing programs, and identify areas of opportunity and risk.
- Design creative, engaging, revenue-generating integrated campaigns across multiple customer segments that increase engagement and uncover new upsell and cross-sell opportunities throughout the post-sales customer lifecycle.
- Be a lead for the customer marketing team who believes deeply in growing and mentoring others, as well as constructive, open communication.
- You’ll need the ability to think strategically in order to analyze product and account data to accurately segment and customize your programs to create segment-specific and ABM approaches to your campaigns.
- Build out, execute, and optimize marketing programs including webinars, digital lead gen, event promotion, and follow-up campaigns to deliver quality leads to our counterparts in sales and success.
- Understand the Pendo portfolio and how our customers use our product to drive and accelerate renewals as well as support up-sell and cross-sell of new products and offerings.
- Continuously look for innovative ways to improve the experience we bring to our customers and optimize our engagements using product data, customer and account team feedback, A/B testing, industry best practices, and persona research.
- Own reporting and analysis on customer expansion marketing programs, ensuring programs perform against goals and are continually optimized.
Qualifications (what you have):
- 8-10+ years of experience of demand gen marketing in B2B marketing with at least 2 years focused on customer marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Demonstrated success with end-to-end customer campaigns including design, organized project management, content development, and program strategy on an enterprise level across multiple product lines.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously on time and within budget.
- Wildly creative and passionate about creating a personalized experience for our high-value customers.
- Account-based marketing experience.
- Energetic and articulate communicator who can clearly and concisely communicate program strategy and updates to stakeholders to steward alignment, resources, and support.
- Thorough understanding of customer audience segmentation, persona or contact targeting, and behavioral targeting.
- Deeply value transparency, collaboration, and building trust with teammates and colleagues.
- Previous experience in leadership or team lead roles with an interest in mentoring and helping junior team members grow.
- Comprehensive data and analytical skills — with the ability to analyze and interpret data to measure, quantify, and improve marketing results
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.