“Show Me the Data” is a core value of Pendo. Data is vitally important for understanding the success of the business. This role will join the centralized analytics team and will be responsible for defining the strategy and designing the infrastructure to expand and optimize our internal business data. This is a hands-on role where you will write code and set the technical direction for the team. Your work will empower Pendo employees to make data-driven decisions and will help to democratize data across the organization. You will work closely with key members of the analytics, data science, operations, and IT teams in a very collaborative role.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Create and implement the technical vision for Pendo’s data platform, leading all technology and system design / architecture decisions
- Coach data engineers on best practices and technical concepts
- Design, build, and deploy optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing the business and our product
- Work closely with the operations and IT teams to ensure the data platform and tools remain updated in a rapidly changing environment
Qualifications (what you have):
- Authorized to work in the US (at this time we are unable to provide sponsorship)
- Demonstrated success in building and scaling data platforms
- Comfortable designing, developing, and maintaining architectures such as databases and large-scale data processing systems
- Strong technical and observational skills to develop and validate models with broad datasets
- Technical mastery, technical curiosity, and a desire to do modeling work to enable faster innovation
- Experience with managing and driving actionable insights from large data sets
- Self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly understand and appreciate underlying business context, problems, and objectives of analytical projects
- BS in Computer Science, Analytics, or related engineering field
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of web-based APIs and JSON/XML/HTML formatted data
- Google Cloud Platform experience preferred
- Agile development experience a big plus
Pinks, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!