Pendo is preparing for explosive growth! Our Talent and Organizational Development team (part of our broader Pendo People Team) is critical to ensuring we have the organization and leadership capabilities to ensure our success.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Learning & Development to build the foundations of learning and employee development at Pendo as we scale. The job is all about equipping and inspiring Pendozers to do their best work here, while providing personal and professional growth so that we all leave this company a better human than when we joined. This person will work with leaders and HRBPs to diagnose the company's learning needs, prioritize the biggest opportunities, then design and deliver learning and development programs to help us scale. This is an opportunity to be a founding member of our People team as we head into a year of remarkable growth.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Be the voice of learning at Pendo and craft communications that drive engagement with learning programs;
- Consult HRBPs and leaders throughout the company to diagnose the needs of the business and propose L&D solutions that align with company needs and priorities;
- Create Pendo’s L&D strategy and roadmap with a near term focus on managers;
- Develop metrics to measure before and after behavioral changes and effectiveness
- Partner with our Head of People Operations to identify and implement a Learning Management System that will enhance the learner experience in a virtual environment and transition smoothly to in-person learning;
- Consult teams across Pendo on learning and development (and enablement) best practices
- Design content, communication, and assets (slides, job aids, checklists, briefings) in support of company level talent programs
- Identify and own the end-to-end relationship with external content/facilitation partners
- Facilitate dynamic, engaging, and inclusive live-synchronous workshops
- Keep current on trends and technologies to improve Pendozers’ learning experience
Qualifications (what you have):
- A bachelor’s degree and 8+ years experience in a high-impact L&D or similar area
- Technically savvy, comfortable in Google Sheets and Google Slides; experience working with Learning Management Systems is a plus
- A self-starter who is highly motivated and excited to help builder and facilitate Pendo L&D programs
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a cross-functional team environment with changing and evolving roles and responsibilities
- Ability to work individually and on a collaborative team in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Outstanding communication both written and oral; dynamic presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to partner effectively with internal experts and external consultants and vendors
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.