Pendo is looking for a VP Commercial Sales.
Pendo is fueling our growth in the U.S. market by hiring a dedicated leader for our Commercial Sales team. We're seeking a VP to lead our Commercial sales team and continue its growth. This leader is a key member of the sales management staff reporting to our SVP North America Sales.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Lead a distributed team of RVP’s covering accounts from 250 employees to 2500
- Focus the team to acquire new logos and then expand across divisions/functions
- Accurately forecast sophisticated, long term sales cycles
- Interact with marketing, SDR's, pre-sales, sales ops, prosvcs, and customer success teams to align go-to market message and execution
- Work closely with our product team to help influence & shape product/offering direction
- Hire & on-board new AE's to continue expanding the team
Qualifications (what you have):
- 12+ years of on quota success with 8 of those years managing national SaaS sales teams. Experience in being a 2nd level leader.
- History of managing teams selling to mid sized accounts & closing $100K-$1M sized agreements
- Pedigree of working deals across different buyers, org divisions, and seniority levels
- Fluent in Force Management methodology (preferred) and have worked with value selling/ROI teams & tools
- Prior ownership of acquiring new logos as well as expanding existing accounts
- Experience working collaboratively with Professional Services/3rd party implementation partners
- Demonstrated skill in teaching mentoring AE’s and managers to achieve quota
- Gravitas -- personal presence and ability to own the room with prospects/customers
- Excellent customer facing skills & ability to roll sleeves up to help win
- Solid skillset in navigating legal, security, and procurement organizations
- Consistency -- need to show stability in roles/companies and steady earnings
- Solid references that talk to ability to work well across internal functions and use available resources proactively
- Works well across internal teams
- A builder -- the right candidate has started/built up teams through category creation
- Fast growth -- ability to absorb and react quickly in a fast growth environment
- Talent magnet -- demonstrated history of hiring top talent and working with them at successive companies
- Experience selling to product teams a plus
- Bachelors degree required
- Based in San Francisco, New York, or Raleigh
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.