Pendo is looking for a transformational sales leader to lead our mid-market organization as VP, Commercial Sales.
Pendo is fueling our growth in the U.S. market by hiring an experienced leader for our Commercial Sales segment. We're seeking a VP to lead the team, define our growth strategy, and deliver outsized results. This leader is a key member of the sales executive team, currently reporting to our CRO.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Motivate and inspire a national team of RVPs and AEs covering accounts from 250 to 2500 employees
- Define GTM strategy/playbooks to acquire new logos and expand our business across divisions/functions
- Accurately plan for and forecast sophisticated, long-term sales cycles which includes net new and expansion opportunities
- Partner with marketing, SDR's, pre-sales, sales ops, prosvcs, and customer success teams to align go-to-market message and execution
- Work closely with our product team to help influence & shape product/offering direction
- Hire & on-board new AE's to continue expanding the team and delivering results
Qualifications (what you have):
- 12+ years of proven results, with 8 of those years managing national SaaS sales teams. Experience in being a 2nd level leader.
- History of managing teams selling to mid sized accounts & closing $100K-$1M ACVs
- Experience defining a sales strategy and motivating teams to execute upon that strategy
- Operational rigor - hold your team accountable for operational excellence in CRM hygiene, forecasting, and tracking to KPIs
- Pedigree of working deals across different buyers, org divisions, and seniority levels
- Fluent in Force Management methodology (preferred) and have worked with value selling/ROI teams & tools
- Prior ownership of acquiring new logos as well as expanding existing accounts
- Demonstrated skill in coaching AE’s and leaders to deliver peak performance
- Gravitas -- personal presence and ability to own the room with prospects/customers; with the ability to roll sleeves up to help the team win
- Solid skillset in navigating legal, security, and procurement organizations
- Solid references that talk to ability to work well across internal functions and use available resources proactively
- A builder mentality; easily able to handle a fast paced, hyper-growth culture while keeping a steady hand to drive team’s success
- Talent magnet -- demonstrated history of hiring top talent and working with them at successive companies
- Experience selling to product teams a plus
- Bachelors degree required
- Based in San Francisco, New York, or Raleigh
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
Open vacation policy
Frequent company and team-building events
Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1
What makes Pendo culture special
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.