Would you like to own managing relationships with the Private Equity (PE) community, and influence decision-making towards utilizing Pendo for their portfolio companies’ product adoption process? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the PE ecosystem and help further establish Pendo as the leader in the product experience space?
As a PE/VC Business Development Mgr within Pendo, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Pendo within the portfolio of various PE and VC firms. Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate PEs/VCs to target, negotiating terms and agreements, and managing ongoing relationships across the partner, operating, technical and portfolio teams to generate new business for Pendo. Lastly, you also work closely with Pendo’s business development, product management, partner and marketing teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the community.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of the PE (and VC) industries, experience working at or with funds, and enterprise sales skills and knowledge. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- You will own a target of opportunities created from the PE/VC ecosystem that will drive additional revenue for Pendo
- Identify key PEs with portfolio companies with a high need for Pendo, and drive engagement with those PEs.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
- Work closely with the PEs and portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using the Pendo platform, making sure they have the ongoing support and customer success resources required.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new PE engagements.
- Identify net new opportunities, and work full cycle deals alongside our sales team (discovery, business value proof, commercial negotiation, closure)
- Regularly report on achievements to goal using Salesforce and other data. Develop and share forecasts.
What you'll get:
- Learning about the product experience market
- Building a go to market strategy and execution across the PE/VC ecosystem
- The ability to prospect, demo, and close in a high paced environment
- Proficiency in sales tools such as SalesForce, Outreach, LinkedIn, and more
- The more you succeed…the more responsibility you will get…quickly!
- In depth SaaS sales training with MEDDIC and Force Management methods
Qualifications (what you have):
- 5-7 years or more of business development, program management, sales experience in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment
- Willingness to carry a quota and run sales cycles
- Ability to build a business from a seed to a meaningful revenue stream
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- Bonus: Sales background
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.