Pendo is looking for dynamic, motivated, and self-driven team members to join our Engineering team this summer as Software Engineering Interns! Are you passionate about data collection/analytics and displaying those data sets beautifully via web development? Or maybe event handling, continuous testing, and performance scaling is more your thing? If either of these opportunities interest you, one of these roles is for you! You will need to be a hands-on, thoughtful, and strategic member of an engineering team, and your work will directly improve Pendo's products and our customers' experience.
We are looking for a Computer Science major (or other technical discipline) interested in working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing tech environment with a large code base that faces millions of people. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities this intern will hold, you’ll also be provided mentorship and development via one-on-one time with our CTO, VP of Engineering, Engineering Managers, and the entire engineering and product teams.
Responsibilities (what you can look forward to):
- Contribute to teams working on meaningful projects such as retroactive analytics or performance optimization within Pendo’s product.
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective activities.
- Create a real impact on the engineering team(s) by working directly with Product, Design and your team in an Agile environment rapidly developing and releasing Pendo products to our customers.
Minimum Qualifications (what you have):
- Computer Science major or other technical discipline.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced critical-thinking, time-management, and decision-making capabilities.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have):
- Previous technical internship experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience with and/or conceptual understanding of frameworks such as Vue, AngularJS, React.
- Experience with and/or conceptual understanding of Restful APIs and/or Google’s App Engine Platform.
- Experience with and/or conceptual understanding of full stack technologies, database technology, and cloud environment.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.