Pendo is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and self-driven individual to join our Finance team this summer as an Accounting Intern! This individual will be a hands on, strategic player on the team who will play a key role in shaping finance projects such as software implementations and have critical involvement in the day to day accounting operations at a tech startup.
We are looking for a student majoring in accounting/finance/economics, or a related field and interested in working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing tech environment and having the opportunity to make an impact in multiple aspects of the finance team’s domain. In addition to the day to day responsibilities this intern will hold, you will also be provided mentorship and development via one on one time with our CFO, VP of Finance, and the entire finance team.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Work within the Finance Team on software implementations to better support the scale and rapid growth at Pendo
- Collaborate with functional leaders across the department to evaluate progress towards Pendo’s strategic and financial objectives
- Implement process improvements that will assist Pendo in better meeting accounting targets and goals
- Prepare financial analyses and reports to support Pendo strategic initiatives
- Assist with budget cycle, forecasting and analysis of financial results
- Assist Finance team members and analysts with other tasks and projects as needed
Qualifications (what you have):
- Accounting/Finance/Economics or related major
- Immense Love for Microsoft Excel
- Analytical mindset with a strong interest in problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced critical-thinking, time-management, and decision-making capabilities
- Big Plus if you have experience with Finance Tools such as Intacct, Looker, or Coupa
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.