We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to ensure our development teams produce high quality software.
As an integrated member of a scrum team, you will be involved in feature development from its earliest stages all the way through to release. More than a tester, you will be responsible for driving ownership of software quality through the entire team.
Our Quality Engineers drive process improvements, influence feature designs for testability, oversee test plan development, contribute to automation, and perform testing that finds any bugs before our customers do. High quality software makes a positive impression on our customers, and we’d like you to help us continue to achieve that.
Responsibilities (what you'll do):
- Become a subject matter expert that bridges the gaps between development, product, UX, and support.
- Work closely with product, ux, and engineering teams to ensure newly delivered features meet customer needs and are consistent across the product.
- Participate in engineering and product planning to make sure new code is written with testing in mind.
- Author functional test cases for product enhancements and modifications (test scenarios, conditions and data) and assist with maintaining and improving existing test cases.
- Contribute to automated tests to enhance our automation suites.
- Perform manual end-to-end and regression testing to supplement developer testing and automation.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Experience with testing web applications in an Agile framework
- Strong foundation in software quality assurance
- Working knowledge of automated testing and its best practices
- Experience testing complex systems with data dependencies
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.