The Director of Product Marketing will play a key role in driving Pendo’s continued growth. The ideal candidate will bring a strong mix of business and technical skill to understand our market, craft differentiated messaging, drive compelling product launches and ensure that our customer facing teams are fully equipped to win.
- Develop and maintain product and solutions positioning and messaging.
- Determine product launch motions and coordinate go-to-market strategy across departments.
- Maintain regular communications with product, sales, and customer success teams to ensure cross-functional alignment around new product initiatives and releases.
- Research market opportunities and create targeted messaging and content aligned with priority target personas and industry verticals.
- Work with customers to better understand their needs and experiences as well as to communicate Pendo’s capabilities.
- Develop and deliver content for webinars, events, and speaking opportunities.
- Work with partners to discover and define joint value propositions, use cases, and co-marketing campaigns.
- Act with a great deal of autonomy while solving some of our most complex issues and/or challenges.
- Serve as a Product Marketing leader by motivating the team, leading by example, and advising our Product Marketers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of B2B SaaS experience
- 5+ years of B2B SaaS Product Marketing experience
- Proven Experience in managing other Product Marketing Managers
- Experience motivating a team to drive toward short deadlines, cross-functional. dependencies, and competing priorities
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with executive leadership and to lead cross functional initiatives
- Ability to think and work strategically, but also execute as an individual contributor
- Proven track record in supporting worldwide sales teams meet revenue goals
- Great writer and thinker; exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Data-informed, creative thinker with an affinity for a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to travel occasionally
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!