Pendo is looking for a Manager, Enterprise Customer Success.
The Manager of Enterprise Customer Success is a highly driven, results/action-oriented, and collaborative leader who will both drive excellence in execution while building the foundation for growth for enterprise accounts. You will manage a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers focused on driving business-critical outcomes for Pendo’s Enterprise customers. You will lead a team that ensures our top customers accomplish their goals and effectively recognize and communicate the value Pendo brings to their organization. You will work with your direct reports to build and refine a strong operational foundation with effective high-touch engagement strategies that drive ongoing adoption initiatives, mature client relationships, and ultimately drive retention and expansion. This role will require a consultative and holistic approach to the customer lifecycle, a scalable approach to success, and ability to communicate effectively with VP and C-Level executive sponsors.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Attract, onboard, develop, coach, motivate, promote and effectively manage a team of skilled Enterprise Customer Success Managers and create opportunities for high performance
- Drive excellence in Success execution leveraging the Pendo Value Framework
- Own and evolve the Enterprise customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion with an emphasis on defining and demonstrating value to ultimately grow revenue
- Empower and enable cross-functional account teams to drive customer satisfaction leading to expansion and revenue retention in key accounts of our existing customer base
- Strategically analyze industry trends and performance metrics to drive execution and accelerate results
- Design and enable customer engagements across your team that help customers derive ongoing value from their investment with Pendo
- Possess and continually evolve a deep understanding for how we create value for our customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors, serve as a point of direct customer contact and escalation
- Serve as customer advocate while effectively collaborating globally with internal, cross-functional teams including product management, sales, QA, and engineering
- Partner with sales leadership to align on retention, growth and territory initiatives
- Participate in industry events for, acting as a brand ambassador for Pendo and collecting industry trends and best practices to shape the Customer Success organization.
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have a minimum of 5+ years experience in customer success, account or technical account management at a SaaS company, with 3+ years of people leadership experience in a Customer Success setting
- Strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Consistent track record of exceeding retention, adoption, customer satisfaction and growth targets.
- Bias to act and unblock
- Proven track record of overachievement, innovation, leading change, and creativity in solving company and team challenges
- You are a natural mentor and regularly take initiative to help your colleagues be more effective
- You have experience managing and negotiating with Enterprise companies and their stakeholders
- You exemplify strong technical competence and passion for B2B SaaS
- You are detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities for yourself and your team
- You possess exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, startup environment; must demonstrate ability to adapt and lead in a fast changing environment
You have product management, product influence or cross-functional product experience (preferred)
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.