Pendo is seeking a Value Consultant to help drive our Customer Value Program. The Customer Value Program is responsible for supporting our revenue teams in the motion to acquire, retain, and grow our customer base. The Customer Value team is focused on not only helping our customers/prospects identify, define, and quantify value in implementing Pendo’s solutions, but also aligning the value to the overall goals of the customer organization. This teammate will be responsible for executing on program goals and being an integral part of our organization’s trajectory and success.
This role will be based in any of the Pendo US office locations (Raleigh headquarters, New York or San Francisco).
What You’ll Do
- Engage in Live Deal Opportunities
- Proactively seek out live sales opportunities to initiate and/or support the business value process, including supporting the team in value discovery, building value assessments, and performing value focused workshops
- Partner with account teams to conduct both remote and face-to-face value assessments with prospects for new deals and current customers for renewal, upsell, and/or expansion opportunities.
- Articulate the business value proposition and/or value realized in a concise, focused message using language each internal and external stakeholder understands.
- Provide continuous support for business value activities through deal closure.
- Support Governance and Management of the Customer Value Program
- Report metrics on adoption, win rates, and quality assurance
- Establish cadence of model review with leadership
- Accelerate Enablement of the Revenue Organization
- Conduct virtual and/or in-person trainings on business value upon request from revenue teams
- Partner with Sales Enablement to educate the revenue organization on business value best practices and trends
- Collaborate on Strategic Vision for Business Value Program
- Participate in ideation for future developments of the Customer Value program
- Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related functional role (e.g. consulting, finance, business development, strategy). Experience in enterprise sales and operations is a plus
- Experience in participating and executing cross-functional projects
- Design and deliver C-level presentations
- Strong analytical skill set with stellar verbal and written communication skills to adapt to multiple stakeholders
- High degree of emotional intelligence and professional presence, as the role is customer facing
- Comfort with ambiguity and natural aptitude for learning
- Proactive and self-starter attitude with high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Experience in:
- Enterprise sales and operations
- Solution and value-based selling
- Product management experience
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.