Pendo is on a mission to improve society’s experience with software, and that begins with a passionate and diverse team. We are hiring an experienced Contracts & Legal Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing the operations of the legal department and assessing and negotiating a wide variety of contracts. This person will be an essential member of the legal team in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing technology start-up.
The Contracts Manager reports to Pendo’s Director of Legal and will work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services and Finance. A successful candidate will be dynamic, adaptable, comfortable working under sales-driven deadlines, and willing to work collaboratively with the team to meet quarter-end goals.
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of licensing, software as a service, data privacy, confidentiality, and professional services agreements
- Be the first point of contact in legal for the Sales organization
- Manage record-keeping for all contract-related documentation
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal and approval processes, including owning administration of contracts management system
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Other legal support duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. An excellent candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in contract management, preferably in SaaS.
- Experience negotiating software licenses and services agreements, including cloud-based agreements
- Customer-focused mindset
- Skills to build strong working relationships and collaborate closely with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and creative approach to problem-solving
- Sense of humor
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.