As the Director of Customer Success for Named Accounts, you will directly enable Pendo's enterprise expansion and be responsible for retention and growth for a named enterprise customer portfolio. Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success, you will initially operate in a player/coach capacity, learning the business and supporting existing enterprise customer success activities - all while developing a deep understanding of Pendo customers.
Using this knowledge, you will establish a vision and develop a customer success strategy that results in renewals and growth for the Named Account portfolio. This is a highly visible and strategic role and includes the responsibility for shaping Pendo's Named Account Customer Success capabilities and ultimately building and leading a Named Account CSM team.
This person will leverage deep business & industry knowledge to inform how customers accelerate value & ROI using Pendo. You will develop repeatable strategies for how enterprise customers leverage Pendo to transform their business and engage with their own customers in whole new ways. You will personally lead the team and engage with customers as needed, acting as an advisor and advocate throughout the customer relationship by leveraging the full power of Pendo, coordinating with technical experts, executive sponsors, product managers and other strategic resources as needed. The end result of these efforts is increased value, retention, customer satisfaction and ultimately expansion of Pendo’s footprint.
- Create a compelling vision for the Named Account Customer Success team that brings customers' goals to life by leveraging the full potential of the Pendo platform.
- Build a team that embraces customer understanding - deliver tangible business impact and innovation for customers by understanding our customers’ critical business issues and opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with sales leaders to establish strategic account planning processes and strategies, develop financial targets, and map critical milestones for a 1-2 year period.
- Define the strategy and detailed execution plan for the team that results in accelerated customer time to value, renewal rates, and growth.
- Build customer engagement capabilities founded on change management and governance principles. Enable the team to broaden strategic customer relationships, co-create objectives and orchestrate complex processes that involve multiple discrete initiatives across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement processes and metrics that drive customer business outcomes and successful execution of use cases.
- Enable the team to leverage strategic relationships and deep customer knowledge to expand into new use cases and position additional Pendo products in a timely and relevant manner.
- Instill a laser focus on product adoption, customer value delivery, and advocacy such that customers within the Named portfolio become active Pendo advocates and references.
- Effectively oversee Named Account portfolio health overall - proactively identify and communicate risks and opportunities as needed and resolve escalations quickly.
- Continuously test, measure, and improve processes and approaches
- Embody Pendo values and provide exemplary leadership
- Proven experience as a leader with the ability to set a clear vision and strategy, motivate and coach others, balance a bias to act with making data driven decisions, and achieve tangible results
- Willingness to embrace a player/coach mentality and responsibilities as needed
- 10+ years experience
- BA/BS or MBA preferred
- Influencing sometimes difficult conversations at C-level with strong objection handling techniques
- Navigate large organizational structures to identify & build key relationships
- Consulting background preferred
- Strong knowledge of product analytics and related business processes
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Option to work fully remote
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.