The Scrum Master is responsible for coaching and guiding our existing development teams in the core practices of Agile methodology and Scrum. As a Scrum Master you will play a key role in the ongoing improvement of our Agile practices. What you’ll do:
- Coach and serve 1–3 Scrum teams by ensuring Scrum practices and removing impediments.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospectives, and backlog grooming sessions
- Guide team in estimating practices and facilitate team estimates
- Coach team(s) to become self-organized and able to hit commitments at high level of quality.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and team empowerment so that our teams reach their full potential for productivity, engagement, and morale.
- Measure, evaluate, and communicate team metrics
- Support Product Manager with respect to priorities and scope
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution among team members.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master for a software product
- Enthusiastic team player with outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills conducive to team development
- Pushes a team to do the most effective thing not the “pure” thing
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
- Influencer - doesn’t require authority to drive their teams
- Engaging - can connect with team members as well as own the room
- Strong knowledge and experience in facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
- Knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification preferred
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.