Pendo is looking for a Director, Customer Value Team.
Pendo has 7 company cultural values -- one of them being Maniacal Focus on the Customer. We take this seriously and know our customers are seeking our expert guidance to help them incorporate product analytics, guides and messages into their customer journeys.
The Customer Value team helps our customers extract and quantify the value Pendo delivers. Customer Value Advisors (CVA) assess our prospective and current customers' use cases to help build a business case for investing. Using ROI, maturity tools, and benchmarking, the CVA produces an output driven business case for a customer to use internally to build support for purchasing Pendo.
The Director of Customer value with build programs and strategies that combine market needs, customer outcomes and product capabilities to define how to best unlock and grow business value leveraging the pendo solution.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Define the vision of Customer Value across the entire customer lifecycle and design, execute and refine programs to achieve the mission to grow customer satisfaction and expansion.
- Work in alignment with Pendo sales & customer success to help our customers to understand how their Pendo investment will benefit their organization
- Leverage value selling tools to deliver a clear picture of ROI, use case benefits, and business value
- Build maturity models to show the measurement and metrics that a customer can use to understand how product analytics helps them create better customer experiences
- Articulate the business impact of Pendo across our customer organizations -- from product managers to C level execs
- Educate customers on the priorities that will help them improve adoption, increase retention, and drive cross-sell
- Understand and incorporate industry, customer, and 3rd party benchmark data to better equip Pendo customers with internal presentations
- Work with Pendo Success and Services teams to develop an implementation strategy that aligns with value levers
- Collaborate closely with Pendo product team on roadmap and future products directions
Qualifications (what you have):
- 8+ years in leading/managing a value consulting organization with experience in strategy development and people management
- 15+ years experience around selling solutions/value selling/big ticket sales in Saas environments
- Analytical skills to assess current and future state opportunities within the Pendo customer base
- Ability to formulate business plans based on data and experience with value/ROI models
- Thorough customer facing experience including presenting to C level execs
- Proven history working cross-functionally with an org (sales, sales engineering, marketing, product, professional services, and customer success teams)
- Background in product management or sales engineering preferred; past background of on-quota carriers considered more heavily
- Builder mentality -- ability to take input and build new models/programs for assessing customer maturity and benefit.
- Role will begin as an individual and grow into leading a team of CVA's
- Impeccable communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Bachelors degree required
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.