Every day, Pendo’s flagship analytics platform processes over 10 billion events and creates over 225,000 data analytics results. Every hour we ingest over 100 million web and mobile events. Then in a fraction of a second we query hundreds of terabytes (or more) of data in order to respond to our users’ actions—allowing users to discover valuable insights about their products. We are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Back End Engineer to join our Engineering Team.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- As part of our back-end team, you will be working on our platform for collecting, analyzing, and displaying all of product usage information we have learned.
- We have built everything in Go on Google's App Engine platform, and we need engineers who can make sure our technology scales. We're handling billions of events everyday and that number just keeps going up. You'll work with App Engine, Google's Datastore, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, and whatever other interesting platforms Google opens up.
- We are looking for developers who find collecting, organizing, aggregating, and analyzing lots of data, in near real time, with ever-changing queries an exciting challenge. We are passionate about rapid development, continuous testing, and constant improvement.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Applicants should have 5+ years of experience building web infrastructure in a modern programming language (such as Go, C, Java, Python, or Ruby). A working knowledge of NoSQL databases would be nice, and experience in cloud environments (such as AWS or the Google Cloud Platform) is a plus.
- Obtained a 4-year technical degree or 2-years of professional coding experience
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.