Pendo runs a SaaS platform which processes more than a billion events and serves millions of guides to our customers' end users every day. Behind the scenes is a large scale job processing and data aggregation infrastructure. The current environment is built on Google App Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Tasks, PubSub, and other Google Cloud Platform services. We are looking for experienced engineers to build a kubernetes infrastructure to accommodate future expansion of this operating environment.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Assess baseline requirements for running highly available and scalable kubernetes-based services in our GCP environment
- Define network architecture for kubernetes clusters and other supporting services
- Develop "infrastructure as code" for deploying and managing kubernetes clusters and related services
- Define and deploy monitoring and alerting for this infrastructure
- Develop migration plans for moving several existing App Engine services to kubernetes.
- Over time, this role will function as part of the larger Operations team, sharing responsibilities for managing the entire production environment, including participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience managing AWS or GCP infrastructure using tools such as Ansible or Terraform
- At least one year of experience managing kubernetes clusters in a highly available production environment with user-facing applications
- Experience planning the monitoring and alerting for new services in conjunction with application developers.
- Experience writing scripts to interact with REST APIs of both internal and third-party services.
- Strong abilities to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis
- A working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.