Pendo is looking for a Sr. Mobile SDK Engineer who is comfortable interacting with customers, is passionate about mobile SDK development, and has experience working in an agile environment.
As part of our mobile SDK team, you will be developing features for our Android and iOS SDKs, which collect user interaction data for our customers and display custom guidance in our customers’ applications. Working on Pendo SDKs will take you into the internals of the Android and iOS operating system, and requires up-to-date understanding of the platform SDKs on which our customers’ applications are built. Being part of the Pendo Mobile team will allow you to with with the latest mobile technology and be part of a top-notch development team.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Participate in development of complex iOS and Android SDKs
- Be the Raleigh location mobile SDK Subject Matter Expert, working directly with customers who use these SDKs in their applications
- Write small, efficient, high-quality code that our customers trust to include in their applications
- Provide cross-platform code reviews to ensure the final products adhere to the original design
- Keep up any upcoming operating system or SDK platform changes that could impact our feature set, as well as general industry trends
- Verify potential impacts and put mitigation plans in place
Qualifications (what you have):
- 5+ years mobile development experience on iOS and Android
- Strong working knowledge of Objective C and/or Swift (iOS)
- Strong working knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin (Android)
- Shipped and supported production mobile applications in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store
- Familiarity with Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design Guidelines
- Strong communication skills
- Android-RXAndroid / RXJava and iOS swizzling experience a plus
- Mobile background services and Android and iOS widgets a plus
- Experience with Git is required
- Experience writing mobile tests on both Android and iOS platforms
- Agile experience in Scrum, Kanban, or both a plus
- Willing to travel internationally <10% time (mainly for collaboration with our Israel-based mobile development team), possess valid Passport
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Variety of health benefits offered, including 100% coverage for your entire family. As well as 100% dental and vision coverage for your entire family.
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.