PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks an analytical-, detail-, and team- oriented Analyst to join our Finance rotational program. This is a great opportunity for a bright, hard-working person to dive deeply into different groups under the Finance umbrella of a global hedge fund. In addition to your rotational work, you’ll be provided with ongoing training, focusing on business topics and professional development.
PDT’s Finance organization consists of Fund Finance, Treasury, Corporate Finance, Risk Analytics, Investor Relations, Fund Operations and Procurement. During your two years, you will rotate through four different groups. Our goal is to provide you with as much exposure as possible to how PDT operates, from a business perspective. We want to enable you to explore your career interests by experiencing the work different teams do. Ideally, you will also use the insights you are developing during this program to improve your assigned team's existing workflows. At the end of the program, you may find a home on one of our Finance teams.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 30-year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world - measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
Please note, this rotational program is not for candidates who are interested in becoming investment professionals or traders.
- Fulfill day-to-day and long-term responsibilities in the different rotational areas you are placed in.
- Demonstrate a firm grasp of both training and business concepts.
- Move from taking directives to becoming an independent individual contributor by the end of your tenure with each team.
- Work closely with senior leaders on firmwide, cross-functional projects.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- Entry-level to 2 years of relevant work experience. We welcome applicants interested in a long-term career with PDT, as well as those committed to pursuing graduate school after 2 - 3 years.
- Proficient in Excel, and familiar with other database applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough, conscientious, and meticulously attentive to detail.
- Highly developed sense of urgency, with maturity and judgment to escalate issues promptly.
- Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable.
- Analytically inclined and keenly interested in problem-solving.
- Excellent organizational and execution skills.
- Demonstrated academic success from a rigorous program (all majors welcome)
Note: As a part of the later stages of the application process, for this role, we will be requesting a copy of your undergraduate transcript. While you don’t need to provide this at this time, we just want to note this, in case you need some time to request it.
The salary range for this role is between $105,000 and $120,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.