Paysend is a UK-based FinTech company that has over 5 million customers and is on a mission to change the way that people and businesses globally manage their money.
Our growth has been fast and exciting. We were the first FinTech company to introduce global card-to-card transfers, connecting 12 billion cards issued by the international payment systems Mastercard, Visa, China Union Pay and local cards schemes, and we have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s top payment companies. Born in April 2017, we now serve customers in over 150 countries and have over 200 employees, having more than doubled in size since March 2020.
In May 2021, we secured US$125 million in a Series B funding round which valued the company at US$700+ million. Since then we’ve expanded into Asia-Pacific with the opening of our Singapore headquarters, we've opened our Americas and LatAm headquarters in Miami, and recently launched our new European Technology Centre in Belgrade, Serbia. Additionally, we've been recognized by Deloitte as the third fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2022, as well as featuring in Sifted's UK start-ups and scale-ups to watch in 2022 ranking.
Paysend is one of the most popular and trusted digital money services in the world with 4.7/5 Trustpilot score
Our success is built on supreme technology, friendly customer service and, of course, the very best talent in the FinTech industry. We’re looking for the future gamechangers of FinTech to join us as we positively disrupt the personal and business payments markets and make financial services more accessible and inclusive for individuals and small businesses around the world.
Every day is a new challenge at Paysend, and we approach each project with ambition, innovation and creativity.
What's the role about
This role will report to the Finance Controller and working across the CFO team to assist with the preparation for the 2022 audit and key work to support this audit. This is a 3 month contract role with the potential to go beyond that and become permanent.
We have two hubs in the UK, in London and Edinburgh. Ideally you will be located within commutable distance of either office. We offer hybrid working with around 20% of your time to be able to be in a hub location.
What you’ll be doing
- Reconciliation of historical data to source documentation
- Review of complex accounting transactions to ensure they are recorded appropriately and have adequate supporting documentation
- Review of postings for entity disposal throughout the year
- Preparation of accounting papers
- Support team on month end postings where required
- Complete and review balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist financial controller on other key projects where required
- Support Financial controller on audit queries
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- 5 years or more post qualified experience (ACA/ACCA)
- Recent Audit experience within Financial services
- Netsuite Experience desirable
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
What skills will be of benefit in this role
- Analytical mindset and strong critical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver high quality and accurate output to deliver on key deadlines
- Attention to detail, driven and able to balance multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills - conscientious, flexible, proactive and enthusiastic
We’re looking for people who share our passion for innovation, buy into the Paysend ethos and add value to our team. When you join Paysend, you’ll have the chance to grow and develop as the business does.
We believe in empowering people to be successful in their jobs, and we pay them fairly for their expertise. We give everyone the context and tools to operate as business owners and encourage our people to contribute with their hearts, minds and creativity.
In the fast-paced FinTech industry the Paysend journey may not always be easy, but we succeed by working together to create solutions that break the status quo. We employ the right people to help us steer the business towards success and global influence.
If Paysend sounds like the perfect company for you, we’d love to hear from you!