Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Lead Mobile Guide works closely with the supervisor and always maintains a professional appearance and demeanor. This role uses sound driving practices, acting as a driver or passenger when needed while utilizing effective organizational and communication skills.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide exceptional service for our customers, deliveries, while acting as a driver or passenger.
- Obtain the appropriate documentation from each patient at every delivery, ensuring validity of their identification and registration with State Registry.
- Record each visit using appropriate software, ensuring accuracy of patient information, and recording notes if necessary.
- Record and collaborate with call center employees about pre-orders and online orders to ensure accurate order information and timeliness of delivery.
- Respond to and resolve patient requests, complaints, or compliments in person, and on the phone requesting supervisor support as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State guidelines.
- Maintain a basic understanding of the Cannabis based therapeutics, and services provided at Company.
- Provide educational materials and resources for patients and caregivers as needed.
- Maintain awareness of patient input and suggest changes to improve service or product.
- Ensure all patient files are current and required documentation is on file and follows all guidelines issued by the State.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Valid US or Canadian Driver’s License
- 1 year or more of driving experience in the US or Canada
- Must have an established and a driving record in Good Standing
- Must present a current DMV printout with none of the following violations:
- Any major violations (DWI, homicide, reckless driving, drugs, leaving the scene) within the last 7 years
- Two or more other moving violations and one at fault accident in the last three years
- Two or more fault accidents in the last three years with no moving violations required
- No more than 3 moving violations or chargeable accidents in the past 3 years
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation
- Class E Driver’s License
- Ability to navigate efficiently
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping
- Organizational skills, customer service and time management abilities
- Ability to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed
- Able to function well as part of a team while communicating with team members effectively
- Knowledge of Cannabis Based Therapeutics’ policy and law
- Must be able to remain in a seated position inside the vehicle for extended periods
- Ability to pick up heavy items to load (50 or more lbs.) onto vehicle
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of times
- Ability to bend in repetitive motion
- Move heavy totes, boxes, and other cargo in and out of vehicles and move into buildings
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.