Outset is a pioneering medical technology company that puts the patient before the machine. Our human-centered model is designed to dramatically improve not only the care experience – for patients, families, providers, and physicians alike – but also cost-efficiency of dialysis delivery. We believe in introducing technology innovation in order to drive service model innovation. And in doing so, we intend to profoundly and permanently impact what, where and who can dialyze.
The Senior Vice President of Sales is responsible for establishing, developing, and driving the expansion of Outset’s business. This involves creating a methodology and prioritization strategy to determine which customer segments Outset must cultivate to bring the most value and growth. It will require executing both short- and long-term strategies to achieve Tablo expansion in our selected markets. The position requires hiring and developing Outset team members and implementing the appropriate business capabilities including expert-level knowledge of Outset sales processes, use of Tablo system and the ability to build high performing teams that establish mutually beneficial channel sales relationships. She/He is expected to provide an extraordinary degree of vision, communication, collaboration, and information throughout the organization to ensure we are achieving our Outset growth goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Commercial and Financial Leadership
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to drive revenue and profit growth, ensuring the attainment of Outset’s commercial goals
- Lead the budgeting process, including quarterly and annual expense forecasting
- Commercial Excellence
- Design an optimal go to market model based on market dynamics and business strategy, including sales roles, coverage models, and organizational design to maximize productivity
- Catalyze the US sales team to drive market adoption and revenue
- Direct sales accountability, commercial growth & expansion, and the talent development of a 200 person and growing team
- Lead change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models
- Design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, align with sales and business objectives, and motivate sales professionals to drive results
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity, providing feedback and strategic recommendations to business, company, and relevant functional leadership teams
- Visit customers regularly to understand market dynamics, cultural norms, and business practices
- Champion and implement marketing strategies to bring brand awareness, education and programs designed to drive revenue and growth
- Utilize market data and analytics to define business opportunity and customer segmentation
- Organizational Leadership & Talent Development
- Identify key capabilities for sales success and identify key talent and performance risks; craft individual development plans for future leaders, and ensure that people managers can master conversations about priorities, performance, and growth & mobility
- Creates and sustains a culture of higher performance rewarding excellence and aggressively managing poor performance
- Provide guidance, active leadership to commercial leaders on strategic and day-to-day sales enablement aspects of Outset, with an emphasis on high performance, productivity, and extraordinary results
- Build a positive company image to increase market acceptance with customers, government, regulatory bodies, community organizations and employees
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years in medical sales experience
- 5+ years leading commercial operations
- Experience implementing business processes to support agreed upon market goals
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and persuasive communication skills
- Ability to travel 75%
Outset Medical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.