Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing cross-functional project management on behalf of the Services organization in support of launching new product introductions and executing key strategic initiatives.
The Project Management team serves as the primary change agent between Outset’s Engineering PMO and the Service teams supporting the product. With the development and introduction of new products, the Project Manager identifies service strategies, service requirements, risks, deliverables, schedules, and leads the cross-functional effort to execute the project plan. In addition to NPI support, the Project Manager provides project management leadership to key operational strategic initiatives, service model evolution and recalls/product upgrades.
The success of the Program Management team is mission critical to the success of the worldwide Services business unit. This is where your leadership, hands-on experience supporting global service organizations, fascination with technology, and your passion for leading change within a complex, fast-paced, highly regulated environment can make a direct impact.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide functional, strategic, and tactical leadership to project teams responsible for new product introductions (NPI), key operational strategic objectives, and field actions/recalls on behalf of the Service organization ensuring appropriate planning, communication, risk mitigation, and organizational readiness in alignment with product development and commercialization target dates
- Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources, and overall project plan to meet project objectives
- Manage the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies, and mitigations to achieve project objectives. Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
- Integrate with Engineering during product development to drive service requirements upstream to Engineering, directly impacting product design and the ability of service organization to efficiently install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the product
- Strong collaboration and communication with internal and external business units (marketing and engineering teams), bridging development processes, approaches, and cultures. Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure that domestic & global service strategies, assumptions, business opportunities are measured & periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution & initial product launch
- Oversee and coordinates functional participation within the project team and contributions towards the project plan
- Contribute to product development and new product introduction process optimization by sharing best practice development, lessons learned, resource leveling and process input
- Four-year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in a scientific field preferred, business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
- 8+ years’ experience as a project manager, 3+ years’ experience working in support of a Field Service and/or Technical Support organization preferred
- 3 years’ experience supporting complex capital equipment (medical devices and/or robotics preferred), including mechanical, electrical, and software elements containing many SKUs
- Proven record of bringing products to market acting as project leader on behalf of Field Service/Service Operations
- Demonstrated experience influencing Product Development on behalf of Service, familiarity with Design for Serviceability/Maintenance (DFS/DFM) principles and practices.
- Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
- Ability to promote ideas persuasively, influence others, and build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal partners and business leaders
- Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
- Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify, and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
- Pragmatic; organized and detailed.
- Big capacity to think and do while strong on detail and highly organized.
- An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Quick intelligence and is fast on their feet; quickly respond to issues and questions.
- Capable of maintaining a rapid pace; moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes