Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
The Senior Director, FP&A will be a true strategist in the development of forecasting, budgeting and analytical processes to support company-wide financial planning and analysis activities. This individual will be a dynamic, growth-focused, and strategic Finance leader capable of building and scaling a function to accelerate growth and enhance operational execution.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop FP&A calendar, tools and processes to enhance the forecasting and analytic capabilities of the organization.
- Support the broader Commercial, Research and Development, Operations and Administrative functions, including defining and implementing forecasting and reporting processes for these organizations.
- Communicate process, template and timeline requirements for monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables to FP&A functions across the company.
- Coordinate and lead the long-range financial planning process, in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Create monthly packages to be utilized for financial management reporting, including variance explanations, forecast updates, scenario building and other analysis.
- Analyze, synthesize and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights that will drive strategic decision making at the executive level.
- Prepare quarterly Board of Directors memos, decks, corporate performance reports and dashboards, as well as investor relations materials.
- Support monthly/quarterly close process as it pertains to operating expense management, general ledger reviews, accruals, and other related processes.
- Identify and implement necessary Financial Performance Management (business systems) tools to support FP&A, and act as a functional expert on various financial and other key systems.
- Direct cross-functional teams around projects and business deliverables.
- Support development of goals and provide reporting on progress towards goals.
- Lead and develop the FP&A team into a high-performing organization that grows overtime.
- Acquire intense understanding of Outset’s business today, and critical insights into where it is going in the future allowing for innovative concepts and the promotion of new ideas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant work experience in corporate or enterprise FP&A; Depth across commercial, operational and/or R&D finance experience is a plus.
- Prefer previous experience in a rapidly scaling public company.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Solid analytical and accounting abilities paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaborator comfortable operating in a matrix organization, rallying disparate groups.
- Intellectual curiosity and agility to navigate ambiguous circumstances.
- Profound analytical and critical thinking skills, blended with business partnership.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Exceptional management and leadership competence
- Ability to present, articulate, and defend analyses, diplomatically, on a routine basis.
- Ability to recruit, hire, train and develop high-caliber team.