Why now is a great time to join OfferZen
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact at a fast-growing tech company.
Over the last 3 years OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space - and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 60+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully.
Our mission is to improve the experience of finding work for makers - people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists. OfferZen does that by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to makers with upfront offers.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for hard-working and passionate people that are interested in helping software makers find their dream job.
The Tech Talent Advisors (internally we refer to ourselves as Talent Advisors) keep the OfferZen marketplace going: you are the face of OfferZen for developers, designers and all people in tech using our marketplace to find a job. It’s up to you to guide them through the process and ensure that they have a great experience. Tech Talent Advisors don’t work on commission, which enables them to focus on helping people rather than hitting revenue targets.
You will be the expert on tech marketplace knowledge that developers and designers rely on to succeed in their job search. When developers apply to OfferZen you’ll help them create awesome profiles and prepare for interviews - and during their job search you’ll give them ongoing advice.
We’re a data-driven company: you will have full access to the market data to help you make informed decisions. Analytical thinking will put you at an advantage.
Along with the platform itself, we built custom software that gives Tech Talent Advisors “superhuman” capabilities. Your insights will act as feedback for the product team and help them to make improvements and build new features.
In this role you’ll be responsible for
- Solving human problems relating to all phases of people's job search, from coaching people on interviews to giving advice on offer negotiation.
- Working with our company-facing team to manage relationships and resolve issues between developers and companies.
- Collaborating with the product team to improve the platform for users as well as the tools we use internally.
The ideal Tech Talent Advisor
- Enjoys helping and coaching people.
- Talks and writes clearly and professionally, has great conflict resolution skills and can communicate in a tactful way.
- Is passionate about technology and startups.
- Has a university degree (or dropped out for an interesting reason).
- Is based in / will move to within 30 minutes commute of Kloof Street, Cape Town.
What it’s like to work here
We are a fun loving and very driven team of 60+ people. We are transparent with our numbers and strategy and have weekly learning sessions where someone in the company presents something they do. We get lunch every day and have 20 days of leave a year. We do fun stuff together like going on picnics at Kirstenbosch, playing board games and having Sumo wrestling events!
- Empathy Can't Be Automated: Solving Complex Problems in a Tech Marketplace. This article gives more insight into the cool world of tech marketplace advisors and what they do.
- One of the Tech Talent Advisors, wrote about her experience of working at OfferZen on our blog.
- [Video] What OfferZen is like for developers
We’re helping makers - the people who design and build software products - to unlock their individual potential. We started with recruitment because helping someone find a job they love is one of the fastest ways of changing their life. Since then we’ve started expanding to things like freelancing, root (programmable banking for developers) and building tools for the tech community.