Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
About the Team
Nubank is always expanding its operations and seeking new opportunities. We are enhancing our Treasury and Wholesale Credit squads, which are focused on managing Nubank´s liquidity, investments and balance sheet for all geos and entities as well as to provide best in class services and market intel for other Nu business units. In this role you will be working with top talents in the Banking Alliance team, playing a crucial role in ensuring that all processes are properly In Control as well managing several administrative responsibilities. It is a unique experience to be at the very heart of Nubank.
The Banking Alliance team greatly influences Nubank's long term profitability. We are a key part of Nubank's success, sustainability and integrity, ahead of a fast and continuous growth business, both from a quantitative and complexity standpoints - and we deliver it all with finance - the language of business.
As the company drives the financial revolution in Brazil, Nubank has seen exponential growth since its founding. We built this through a collaborative culture that enables professional development, through contact with nonconformist and diverse people. We are looking for diverse people to help us make important business decisions, build a strong foundation for the company to continue growing in a healthy way.
- Providing Treasury and Wholesale Credit & Structured Finance support in the administrative and operational aspects.
- Real-time or near real-time trade confirmation, matching and capture.
- Facilitate the front to back operations process of trade lifecycle - following up corporate events, dividends, provents. Responsibility for coordinating and ensuring punctual payments of debt amortizations, interest, fees, amongst others for all Nubank's entities. Responsibility for monitoring punctual receipt of all amounts owed to Nubank's entities by borrowers.
- Providing trading and sales support to the markets business.
- Attribute completeness and consistency controls performed prior to end-of-day routines.
- Provide primary control ensuring market data integrity is complete and accurate prior to EoD.
- Control fixings for FX and Interest rate.
- Support OTC (over-the-counter) derivatives pre-trade processes including account opening.
- Making sure that process´ documentation is updated
- Participating in and executing risk and control related activities, including but not restricted to all obligations and financial covenants of contracts in which Nubank is either the borrower or the lender, ensuring the reliability of data.
- Owning or having oversight of all inputs into the process of generating accurate PnL numbers.
- Substantiate the PnL by understanding the trader’s strategy and the risk factors that drive the PnL.
- Preparing daily Profit and Loss summaries for portfolio managers through price verification, position reconciliation, and overall P&L analysis of the portfolio.
- Follow up with front and back offices.
- Relevant experience in financial markets is essential, ideally within a middle office wholesale environment.
- Strong working knowledge of financial markets, accounting principles and instruments, both domestic and international particularly in Equities, Fixed Interest, Futures, Options, Foreign Exchange and Credit Instruments like debentures, bonds, loans, FIDCs, securitization, among others.
- Analytical skills, attention to details.
- Advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint and VBA.
- Advanced English.
- Strong verbal and written communication and team player skills, showing hunger to work in a fast paced growing environment;
- Python is a plus.
- Opportunity of earning equity at Nu
- Health and life insurance
- Vacations of 20 calendar days
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.