The team behind Niantic’s basketball game, NBA All-World, seeks a technical Producer to setup efficient processes and to guide execution of high-quality new features and maintenance for the live game. Technical Producers are in charge of handling scheduling and fine-grain detailed planning for engineering, art, and data. They craft and maintain the development schedule, which outlines feature tasks, landmarks, dates, status, and allocation of resources for partners. You will be an integral part of the team as you track individual technical issues and implement solutions in a prompt manner to document and coordinate the regular release process cadence alongside game Engineering, QA, and Product leadership.
- You will prioritize bug fixes and tasks to ensure a smooth release cycle, based on high-level priorities set by producers.
- You will coordinate with external vendors on technical integrations.
- You will serve as the main day-to-day technical point of contact with development partners on schedules, planning, and project status.
- You will update launch calendar and anticipated feature launch dates to ensure transparency of engineering processes to senior management.
- You will act as an active source of communication on technical task status between multi-functional teams.
- You will track detailed bugs, issues, and features and ensure coordinated communication with QA, Engineering, and Production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- You have 5+ years experience in games or a related technical field.
- You have experience with bug tracking systems, e.g. JIRA.
- You have experience building roadmaps, project/release plans with a deep understanding of dependency management.
- You have experience communicating multi-functionally with producers, engineers, development partners, marketing, legal, and executive teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have experience/interest in managing build deployments.
- You have the ability to identify and act on opportunities for process improvement.
- You have a bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field.
- You have an obsession with documentation and attention to detail.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $132,000 - $171,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID