Are you ready for driving product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? Come make the world a bit better by helping users go out and explore the world.
We’re looking for an ambitious and creative Game Designer to work on current and upcoming features at Niantic. You will build compelling game play and lead development of innovative products, driving cross-functional teams to delight our users. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Become a pro at game balancing by leading the fixing of core systems, events, and future releases.
- Be the point of contact on data analysis and data driven decision-making, working with colleagues from neighboring departments to drive product updates into fruition.
- Communicate designs with clear and concise documentation.
- Deliver clear and concise engineering-ready product specs.
- Be a key player in contributing to roadmap planning.
- Break down multi-faceted issues into workable components to guide our product from creation to launch.
- Work with team leadership to define the operational properties of project development, including development processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management, resource management and budgets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Demonstrate exceptional organization, communication, and management skills.
- Experience working on game design and game balancing.
- Experience working and shipping features for a high profile game with a significant amount of daily active users (ideally on a mobile platform).
- Experience working with external developers and A/B split testing.
- Experience working as a horizontal leader of cross-functional teams (design, engineering, production, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have an interest in AR and mobile games.
- You have vast knowledge of the Free-to-Play game market.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the company's other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID