Pokémon GO is looking for a skilled technical lead manager. A tech lead manager drives both development and engineering management for Pokémon GO, ensuring that the studio meets engineering commitments of quality and efficiency.
You will develop AR features and services as well as implement technical processes for Pokémon GO. You will help level up the Niantic engineering organization through guiding best practices, documentation, and mentor engineers on technical solutions. Also, you will work closely with engineers to ensure solutions are high quality and scalable and will operate directly with studio engineering managers and partnering platform teams.
Pokémon GO is a 1st party development studio within Niantic. This role will help with integration of the Niantic Lightship platform. Specifically, this role will helping on implementing and leading the team implementing AR gameplay into Pokémon GO.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, game designers, and producers to execute on a creative vision and deliver robust, efficient, and quality AR gameplay features.
- Promote a culture of multi-functional collaboration with product management, design, marketing and operations.
- Play an active role in attracting, interviewing, and recruiting engineers.
- Lead usage of standard methodologies in software development, including code reviews, automated testing, scheduling
- Develop, adapt, and implement long-term technical strategy to achieve key business objectives.
- Works as part of the PGO engineering team with multi-functional partners in Business, Art & Design, Production and Marketing to develop and deliver on technology to improve Pokémon GO.
- Ability to experiment and improve when it comes to tools, technology, and processes in engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members across a variety of disciplines and teams within the company.
- Adapts to changing priorities with ease.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience building highly scalable, low latency, highly responsive interactive applications.
- 2+ years of experience mentoring other engineers or leading a project with more than 1 engineer.
- Experience recruiting and building up an engineering team.
- Experience with 3D game engines, particularly in Unity3D.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages in C# for Unity, Java in Android, Obj-C in iOS, C/C++ mobile native.
- Experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
- Previous experience in the gaming industry - mobile and/or games-as-a-service.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID