Are you ready to help drive a platform that brings a positive impact to the world through the power of mobile, location, and augmented reality technologies? We are looking for a Director, Product Management who will bring strategic vision, define product roadmaps and lead our Publishing Platform & Infrastructure teams, helping pave the success of location-based AR apps published by Niantic.
Niantic’s published apps have millions of daily active users who have collectively made over 500 million friendship connections and walked over 38 billion kilometers. By creating mobile, location-based AR games such as Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, and Ingress: Prime, Niantic has encouraged people to discover new places, meet new people, and get healthier along the way. We passionately believe that our products are changing the way people play, interact, and connect and that AR will continue to lead the transformation by uniting the digital and physical worlds.
- Drive product vision and strategy for our platform teams which support location-based AR apps that are published by Niantic.
- Lead a team of platform product managers, responsible for their career & skills development.
- Partner with our VP of Games and Executive Producers to define how platform teams can help Niantic Publishing succeed.
- Keep up with cutting-edge innovations & technologies, in the mobile, location, and augmented reality spaces.
- Drive processes for product roadmaps, customer feedback, objectives & key results (OKRs), team performance & well-being.
- Present regular updates to executive, platform and game leadership on an ongoing basis.
- 7+ years of product management experience, with experience building platform SDKs and APIs.
- 5+ years experience managing product managers, including PM managers.
- Past experience working on gaming or publishing platforms is required.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated leadership and critical thinking capabilities, and a high tolerance for ambiguity.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.