Niantic Player Support team seeks an Operations Manager to lead the planning and execution of various aspects of the customer support experience for an exciting (and not yet announced) new mobile game.
The Operations Team provides global user support to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. As part of the team, you'll collaborate with individuals across different functions and within various geographies to provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location-based products including but not limited to establish global operational policies and workflows, craft documentation and support contents, plan and own day-to-day operations and implement operational tools. This role is eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Design, and other departments to ensure successful launch of support offerings for new product features. This may include crafting help center articles and other user-facing content, reviewing product designs for support implications, and developing proposals on how to address customers’ support requests.
- Perform key tasks such as workflow and process development, issue (bug) tracking and prioritization, documenting process, writing user-facing content, product support, and data analysis.
- Serve as a subject-matter guide on our games.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively lead the global support processes.
- Represent the voice of the user in meetings with partners of varying levels and job functions.
- You have a BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in streamlining and scaling customer support and operations, or equivalent experience.
- Extraordinary problem solver with strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are excited by the opportunity to fix something.
- You can lead complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels. You can take ambiguous details and translate them into executable action items. You can read an engineering spec for a new feature and understand where users might need support.
- You don’t need to know how to write code but you can connect with ease to engineers and technical folks. For example, you understand the concept of client-server architecture....or you can get the gist of it from reading the Wikipedia article on the topic.
- You are a standout colleague and self-starter with a positive, interpersonal attitude, and an ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Not afraid to speak up and take on new and challenging projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written English communication skills. You're like the Ernest Hemingway of email and Slack.
- Passion for our mission and products.
- Experience working in mobile games and/or working with top brand franchises.
- You care deeply about user experience design and reducing frustration and user confusion. When you use a product, you often cannot help but think about how to improve it.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.