Niantic LA seeks an Art Director to clearly define and direct the artistic vision for a project currently in development with the immersive theater company, Punchdrunk. We're looking for a leader with a proven track record for unifying and crafting compelling visuals, whilst also demonstrating a keen interest for emerging, creative technologies.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to develop visually creative mobile experiences that inspire discovery, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
- Champion the product's aesthetic quality by providing clear direction and feedback to both internal and external teams.
- Create inspirational visuals to unify and advance the artistic direction of a project currently in production.
- Work with the production team to schedule and estimate timelines and goals for both short and long term planning.
- Provide leadership and career mentorship to support the creative goals and ambitions of the art team.
- Help foster and maintain the creative relationship between external partners and internal art teams.
- Enhance the standard of our project's aesthetic by collaborating closely with the Technical Art, Engineering, and Design departments to further develop our tools and improve our real-time rendering engine.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with both problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- Proven ability to work with an established art style.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling visuals across multiple genres of games.
- Previous experience working with external partners.
- Excellent technical ability with a thorough understanding of Unity, mobile rendering and post processing methods.
- Previous experience as an Art Director with 6 or more years working in game development, including at least one AR, VR, or Mixed Reality game; or equivalent leadership experience.
- You have shipped 2 or more AAA console games or high profile mobile titles as an Art Director.
- You are skilled in crafting outstanding 2D and 3D art assets.
- You have a passion for games, AR, Mixed-Reality, and new technologies.
- You have experience with location-based games or AR experiences.
- You have an interest in other forms of immersive arts and entertainment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.