Niantic is seeking a Strategic Partnerships Lead focused on driving our business with global Telecommunications companies. They will be tasked with accelerating Niantic’s global sponsorship revenue through a suite of game advertising capabilities while also establishing long-term strategic partnerships around new 5G, AR Platform and AR Headset experiences. This is a highly strategic role where the candidate has a proven track record of closing high value revenue deals in addition to non-monetary value exchange partnerships (e.g. co-marketing, app distribution, preloads etc.). Experience working directly for a Mobile Network Operator and/or OEM highly recommended to advise development of prospective Niantic partner value proposition and sponsorship Return on Investment models. This role will be on the Global Niantic Brand Partnership team and requires a candidate with attention to detail, revenue driving ability, strategic negotiation, promptness, excellent interpersonal skills and professional relationship building. The ideal candidate should also possess results-oriented, critical thinking and influencing skills to various counterparts including both external and internal.
- Define the Niantic Global Telco Partnership and go-to-market strategy.
- Establish Telco opportunistic roadmap of game releases, new sponsorship products, 5G capabilities, Lightship dev community apps, AR Headset to inform short/long-term partnerships.
- Establish relationships with MNO’s/OEM’s that focus on exploration of in-game sponsorship revenue opportunities and game user acquisition growth strategic co-marketing partnerships.
- Propose data-driven partnership models with global Telcos that demonstrate mutually beneficial sponsorship and/or strategic partnership value.
- Negotiate and close Telco partnerships with Niantic leadership support by way of weekly Business Deal Review meetings.
- Collaborate closely with Niantic cross-functional teams (e.g. Product Managers, Engineers, Legal etc.) to ensure partnerships can be executed as planned.
- Ensure detailed execution of each partnership by working in tandem as partner lead with partner go-to-market managers.
- Conduct post-mortem analysis and routine feedback analytics to partners.
- As needed, represent Niantic by attending or presenting at industry-related events.
- Routinely present pipeline of Telco sponsorship and strategic partnership progress, plans and any blockers to Niantic leadership in weekly updates and quarterly business reviews.
- Management of Telco investment P&L and invoicing for sponsorship partners with Finance team.
- Strong negotiator with a partnership approach; ability to represent Niantic in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve strong ongoing partner alignment.
- 8+ years of experience in Digital Media, mobile, or online advertising industry. Preferably experience at a major telecommunications company.
- Experience with product development innovation to drive new partnership opportunities.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management; ability to serve as an advocate for your accounts internally and work collaboratively to find opportunities or resolve issues.
- Understanding of Niantic's products, mobile operators, OEM devices and technology industry.
- An ability to initiate, and interpret legal documents while keeping in mind local context and working with attorneys on specific contract language.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.