Come onboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. As a Director, Digital Marketing, you will help build and execute digital marketing strategies for Niantic’s real world Augmented Reality mobile games. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscle to help launch and run campaigns to reach new users, increase retention, and delight players in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games.
Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll lead a team of enthusiastic and hardworking marketers to develop and execute impactful campaigns, own the digital marketing strategy for global franchises, and collaborate with executives and key business partners. And, at the same time, you’ll have tons of fun. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Craft and execute a comprehensive digital strategy covers social media channels, community and web sites with narratives both creative and consistent with Niantic's and Pokemon GO's values and positions.
- Define and execute acquisition, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with both fellow marketing colleagues (ie, Product Marketing Managers, Paid UA team and CRM/Direct Marketing team, etc) and cross-functional stakeholders such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Corporate Communications, Legal and PR.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key business partners and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Build, guide and supervise the global digital marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all digital marketing campaigns and apply findings to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners with a special focus on collaboration with partners on digital channels to improve business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 8-12 years of relevant marketing experience in multiple areas of marketing including: product positioning, social media marketing, community management, direct marketing, event marketing, consumer lifecycle management, paid media campaign strategy and management.
- Proven capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Passion and skills for using data and analytics to drive business impact.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to handle complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and flexible environment.
- You are fluent in Japanese.
- You have experience in trans-media storytelling.
- You are familiar with and have a passion for Niantic games.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.