Niantic is seeking an engineer who can build a new service from scratch together. The service will be a non-game mobile app that will support not only smartphones but also upcoming AR headsets. You will create the client apps by working with other server/platform engineers across Niantic.
We seek engineers with strong technical background, great execution, and self-starter mentality. The ideal candidate loves to jump into the unknown, clarify ambiguities, quickly learn from failures, and break down vague ideas into concrete tasks.
Passion for geo-location based app and experience of Augmented Reality app development would be a plus.
- Design and implement iOS native applications with ObjectiveC and Swift.
- Design and implement cross-platform applications with Dart/Flutter.
- Design server/web applications with nodejs/python.
- Take initiative to suggest technical improvements and direction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with UX, marketing, product management, engineering, and leadership.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working as a software engineer.
- You have at least 2 years of experience developing iOS applications.
- You have strong and validated interpersonal skills, particularly in the realm of collaborating with internal or external developer customers.
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- You have experience building native plugins in Unity or other game engines.
- You have experience with ARCore or ARKit.
- You have experience with GIS.
- You have experience with machine vision and machine learning.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.