Niantic is looking for a dynamic Associate Commercial Counsel to join Niantic Legal. We partner with teams across the company to develop solutions for the legal challenges (and opportunities) we encounter as we continue to develop creative augmented reality experiences and platforms. Are you passionate about Intellectual Property and technology agreements and issues? We want you on our team! This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Work closely with our Business Development, Licensing, Game Publishing, AR platform, and Ads Sales teams across a range of agreements, partnerships, and initiatives relating to our games, AR and advertising products, and content licensing initiatives, including agreements regarding IP licensing and technology development.
- Resolve related issues with internal clients (including Business Development, Product, Finance) and legal colleagues.
- Advise Niantics on legal issues and risks, company policies and procedures, and negotiation strategy.
- Ensure agreements align with Niantic’s business objectives, policies and risk tolerance.
- Contribute to the design and continuous improvement of standard forms, trainings, legal processes and systems to help us scale with the business and maximize efficiency and velocity.
- Think creatively about novel legal issues arising from AR and real-world location-based games.
- You have 3 to 6 years experience working in a creative legal environment.
- You have a JD with strong academic credentials.
- You are passionate about Intellectual Property and technology issues and agreements and have experience with technology transactional work, ideally in a technology or media/entertainment setting.
- You enjoy working with diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You are a member in good standing of the California Bar, or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.