Come onboard and help shape how real world games are positioned and presented to the world! As a Product Marketing Manager APAC, you will help build and drive marketing strategies for Niantic’s games in the Asia-Pacific region. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscle to help launch and run campaigns, increase retention, and build user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll lead a team of passionate and hardworking marketers to build impactful campaigns from scratch, oversee the marketing strategy for global franchises, and collaborate with executives. And of course, you’ll have tons of fun with us! This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Create and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications.
- Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with both fellow marketing colleagues (i.e., Community Management team, CRM/Direct Marketing team, etc.) and cross-functional colleagues such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Corporate Communications, Legal and PR.
- Handle relationships with key business partners and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Product Management team to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy end users and partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help inform and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Define, execute, monitor, and lead Live Ops strategy & programs with hardworking team members.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies.
- Build, guide and track the APAC marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and execute partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 8-10 years of marketing experience in areas, including:
- Product positioning strategies.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products and customers.
- Creative production.
- Proven capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
- Fluent in English and another Asian language such as Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean (please specify in resume).
- You have an MBA.
- You are familiar with Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
- You have social marketing experiences.
- You have lived and worked in APAC countries (please specify in resume).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.