Do you want to help connect people all over the world on a team building the next generation of planet scale AR games? We're looking for a hardworking individual who lives and breathes data. As a data scientist, you are detail oriented and thorough but also thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You'll help drive growth and introduce Niantic games to a worldwide audience as a key contributor to Niantic's performance marketing team.
- Enjoy making sense of large, complex data sets and generally getting your hands dirty working directly with the data.
- Employ time series regression, predictive modeling, and other analytical tools to generate, test, and improve models that predict business trends.
- Work with Engineering, Marketing, User Acquisition, and Management to build predictive models and produce detailed performance reports that help drive business decisions.
- Translate your real-world experience with performance-based marketing into actionable engineering tasks, data queries, analysis, and reports.
- Experience with mobile marketing, especially detailed knowledge of how User Acquisition is done. Understanding of metrics such as CPI, LTV, ARPPU, retention, and k-factor.
- Adept working with SQL - you should be able to write complex queries in your sleep and you're excited working hands-on with data.
- Experience applying machine learning techniques like classification, regression, and clustering.
- Solid understanding of statistics, probability theory, and linear algebra.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the concepts and tools required to run experiments, e.g. A/B testing tools, randomized controlled trials.
- Experience with BI, dashboarding, and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope, Grafana).
Candidate will have 4+ years work experience in data science or related analytics roles. Holds a BS in mathematics, statistics, engineering, machine learning or related field. Graduate degree preferred but not required.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.