Niantic is seeking a highly motivated Senior AP Specialist with full-cycle knowledge to support the company’s day to day Accounts Payable function. You will administer, reconcile and report on our expense reimbursement and corporate credit card platform. You will work with several departments across the organization and help implement process improvements as the company grows. Working on ad hoc accounting projects such as preparing reports for management and assisting in year-end audit program and government filings, in addition to regular duties can be expected.
- Coordinate the daily operations of the Accounts Payable function.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Enter vendor invoices into accounting software and properly classify to correct GL accounts.
- Manage vendor communication, requests, and documents.
- Review invoice approvals and manage systems hierarchy to ensure proper oversight.
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit.
- Maintaining historical records.
- Continuing to improve the payment process.
- Assist in year-end 1099 filings.
- Responsible for monthly accounts payable journal entries, AP balance sheet reconciliations and Flux analysis.
- Compile and organize support for year-end audit requests.
- Communicate regularly with internal Accounting team and various departments.
- Provide overall support for the Accounting function.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Accounting, Business, Economics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years in Accounts Payable, Business Administration or Accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
- Eager to learn, resourceful.
- The ideal employee is able to multi-task, have strong attention to detail with a sense of urgency, and be a self-starter who can easily follow instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities as well as exhibit flexibility, adaptability and ownership.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- You have Netsuite experience.
- You have prior Accounts Payable experience, in addition to a familiarity with various Accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.