Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission. Humans are fascinating - and can pose a great challenge. We need you for this challenge. We need you to be a champion of our culture by partnering with our most senior leaders to help them make decisions aligned with our culture. By using data, HR best practices, and a deft approach, you’ll dive in assertively to sticky situations, resolving issues and providing solutions that will help Niantic scale. You’ll use your insights on human psychology and org design to get to the heart of complicated issues and guide others to work together to solve them. As we continue to grow, there will be ample opportunities to help the rest of the People team mature our processes and make them better. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Be a trusted thought partner with our Game Studio leaders to deeply understand the business and solve complex issues through a people lens.
- Analyze metrics and trends to show health of the business as it relates to quality of hires, promotions, performance, attrition, diversity, etc.
- Drive positive and meaningful relationships at all levels with specific focus on managers and leaders to support them on various people matters.
- Partner with and counsel leaders on employee relations topics such as leading investigations and offering recommendations for corrective action and improvement.
- Provide expertise in key people practices including org design, scaling organizations, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc., with ease, finding the right balance between what's right for the employee and Niantic.
- Facilitate and lead various programs including engagement surveys and action planning, performance and compensation cycles, goal setting, training, etc.
- Be a collaborative partner that has a strong pulse of the office, a trusted partner to employees and leaders, and an influencer for our broader People Operations team.
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Hands on experience with organizational design, coaching, diversity and inclusion, recruiting, performance management, employment law, compensation and total rewards, talent management and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills and ability to drive complex projects with multiple partners in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, curious, highly collaborative, cool under pressure, can add levity to decompress tense situations, persistent in getting to the root of problems (and executing on solutions that solve them), and use excellent judgment - even in complex situations.
- You have a MA/MS (ideally in HR, IO Psych, or related field) or MBA degree.
- Experience partnering with Engineering, Product Management or Games Studio.
- Experience in a high-growth environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.